Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cheery Blue for Karim's room

Hi All,

Hmmm, well I haven't written because I am mortified that I haven't yet posted any giraffe video. No excuse for that. Soon, I promise. This week, I've balanced my time between surveying the work on our house and reading The Russian Concubine- LOVE IT!!! So, literary crack aside, the house is coming along nicely. Karim's room is a bright, happy blue- his choice. Today we're starting construction on the pool enclosure so it will be all safe and secure before we move in next week.

Cheikh is heading out on his first work trip to the field on Saturday. He's flying to Agadez (up north, home of camels and Touaregs) to train the new team there for a few days. In the meantime, K and I are venturing out with Jackie and BJ to see hippos from a boat on the river- yay! We should all be packed up and happily reunited for our big move to our new house on Wednesday.

I am weighing the pros and cons of composting and trying to decide if I want to raise chickens for fresh eggs-yum. We have giant mango trees in the yard, but I haven't seen any mangoes on them- maybe they're all done for now. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sorry this is so dull, my brain is kinda mushy today. More next time. Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you shoulg get chickens--why not? They will be good for your garden (or mango tree) and can eat your table scraps. Plus I hear they are good pets. This is one of my favorite garden blogs, and she has a lot of information and links on chickens. http://digginfood.com
    Careful with the hippos!
    Love
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like even your mushy brain posts. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete